AW: Cooling Down Dance by Suzanne Pach

Mon Sep 6 20:26:55 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
September 6, 2010

Hello Suzanne and Stefan!
I just looked at page 114 in Stefan's "SignWriting Handbook", and it is so wonderful and fun! Stefan...your work is an inspiration to all of us...

For those interested in Stefan's book, you can learn more about it here:
http://www.signwriting.org/germany/

It must be really fun to be a student in both of your classrooms ;-)

I think Stefan has a point, Suzanne, regarding the writing of those movements (see attached below). For me, it feels good to see the back arrow in those cases, even though it is true that the next position shows that the hand came back, it is clearer as Stefan wrote it, by adding the back arrow...This also happens again in the document later, for an up diagonal movement - I think those two should also have a down diagonal movement in a similar fashion...what do you think?

I like your document, Suzanne, because in other areas of the document, it teaches the use of the General Arrowhead...

For new List members....The General Arrowhead is used to write "overlapping movement paths". It is neither right nor left, but the right and left hands move in the same path together, writing over each other's paths in an overlapping way... The General Arrowhead is oftentimes misunderstood by beginning students. Suzanne's playful and fun "movement writing" document, shows several examples of the writing of overlapping paths...I will explain better in another message later -

Thank you to you both for your teaching materials - they are so useful -

Val ;-)

-------

--------