ISWA 2010 data change for proposed Unicode string

Fri Apr 29 20:52:53 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

On 4/29/11 2:49 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> Steve,
>     Do you think we could agree both implement the SPML with the
> Fill-1 and Rotate-1 characters
Agreed. Mark the date, April 29th, 2011, the programmers agreement.  We
can consider the final proposal after it has been through the various
committees.  Until then, we have a common standard.

> Moving the fill and rotation characters up 14 codepoints shouldn't be
> a problem.

Code wise, it should only affect a few functions.

The SignPuddle Online SPML files will be updated by Monday afternoon.
I'm updating the functions right now.  I'll run the conversion over the
weekend.  I'll send an email when they are ready.

I recently updated the SPML 1.6 DTD.  I added 2 attribute and 1 element.

Both the "spml" element and the "entry" element have a new attribute
called "uuid".  This is your request for the Universally Unique
Identifier. You still want this right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_Unique_Identifier

As Valerie requested, I added an optional "video" element to each
entry.  This is needed for video linking so that we do not overload the
text elements.  Here is an example for a Zombie song in ASL.  Very funny.
http://signbank.org/signpuddle1.6/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=21&sid=1

You can see the video element in the xml fragment:
http://signbank.org/signpuddle1.6/data/sgn/21/1.xml

Can we agree on this interchange format as well?
http://signpuddle.net/spml_1.6.dtd

Regards,
-Steve