We are people, people of earth in Brazilian Sign Language - translation ERROR

Trevor Jenkins bslwannabe at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 2 19:16:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Nikhil Sinha <nik.azn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please soften your tone! You are sounding a bit rude!
> I'm not an idiot. I have extensively studied languages (informally)
> and i do not "demand" unnatural translations, just to make them
> confirm to the structure of my original sentence.

If you are making these target sentences "conform" to your original sentence
structure then you are not after translations but trans-literations and
thereby they become unnatural. And as to Charles' tone, I'm with him; you're
tampering with what people have generously given you but without
understanding the implications of what you are doing.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!