Wahawafe - a multilingual translation project

Nikhil Sinha nik.azn at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 10 16:27:30 UTC 2011

Hi!
That's okay. You can make certain changes if the language demands.
I had thought of "we live on Earth" and also "We are humans from
Earth.", but then i decided to repeat "we are" twice and put an "and"
in between. This makes it a bit more interesting, linguistically.
Normally, from any given translation, you cannot guess the meaning of
words, especially if the language is unrelated or distantly related.
But this repetition can help you recognise at least something and can
give you some insight into the structure of the language. For example,
"ham ... hain" is repeated twice in the Hindi translation and
therefore, you could safely guess that this means "we are ...".
So, you see there were several reasons behind me choosing this
sentence. This project is something i had wanted to do for several
years. I just didn't come up with a random sentence without thinking!
:-)
regards,
Nikhil.

--