Centering signs in Horizontal SignWriting ….

Sat Dec 31 15:42:02 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
December 31, 2011

Jonathan gave me a tour of SignWriter Studio yesterday on Skype, and one of the cool new features is writing in vertical columns with Lanes, with the choice of placing spoken language words under each sign in the vertical columns, or not. The user can turn the spoken language glosses on or off in the vertical columns. Thank you for that, Jonathan -

Centering signs in vertical columns has specific rules based on heads, but centering signs in horizontal writing has one of two choices - either center the whole sign as a unit or center based on heads - we tried both in the past -

What do you prefer, Stefan?

Val ;-)