ANNOUNCING! Primer Diccionari General i Etimologic de la Llengua de Signes Catalana

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Mon Dec 19 20:15:32 UTC 2011

On 18/12/2011 1:19 PM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> December 18, 2011
>
> Thank you for saying this, Charles. Ramon worked 10 years on this
> project and it is a major accomplishment, and a beautiful book.
>
> And thank you also for giving me some of your documents to post, which
> I look forward to doing as well - and thank you to Honza and others
> who are waiting patiently for me to post on the web for your projects...
>
> I am starting to think that we need a way for people to post their
> documents other than the SignWriting List - it seems most people post
> them to me privately instead of to the SignWriting List directly -
> which means that the whole process is slowed down because I am limited
> for time -
>
> So feel free to post any documents you wish here on the SignWriting
> List - the Listserve software is setup to accept documents, and then I
> will post them on the web -
>
> Maybe we can create our own web site someday, that lets people post
> their pdf documents into a database online - we already have the
> beautiful SignPuddle Document archive written directly in SignWriting,
> but a PDF archive area on the web where people can post their PDFs
> directly for others to download, related to SignWriting, would be a
> great idea - such as research papers, abstracts, theses,
> dissertations, and SignWriting Literature…all in PDF or Word formats -
> Steve or Bill or Jonathan…do these kinds of PDF posting places already
> exist on the web that we can setup an area for that right now?
Val,
     I don't know of any web applications that can be easily set up and
let people upload to a website and show a listing of uploaded
documents.  But I'm sure that it is something that could be programmed.

Jonathan

--

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>