Happy birthday

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 22 10:31:06 UTC 2011

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:42:09 +0100
From: lists at ONET.EU
Subject: Re: Happy birthday
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU

  From:
  To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU

  Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:58

  a special day!
Love,
Erika

  On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org>
  wrote:

    SignWriting List
    February 21, 2011

    Hello Stefan and Everyone!

    It is February 22 in Germany now....Here in California it is still
    February 21st ;-)

    Thank you, Stefan, for always remembering my birthday. You have taught
    me how important birthdays are...they give us pause, don't they? To think
    about what we have done in our years here on this earth, and think about
    what we wish for the future...

    I will be 60 years old in 16 hours (smile)... a new decade for
    me...

    and I am planning to live another 60 years, so I am only half way
    through and certainly not done!! ha!

    And everyone - look at the wonderful card that Stefan wrote - it is
    written in ASL in SignWriting on the right, but on the left, Stefan has
    written the movements of the lips speaking English words...called
    Woehrmann's SpeechWriting, which is Stefan's unique invention, writing the
    sounds of the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) with lip, mouth and
    breath symbols that are originally based on SignWriting symbols, but Stefan
    has expanded the amount of symbols further, to be able to capture the
    refined movements of speech...and Stefan has developed a standardized way to
    write the movements of speech around the world -

    Recently, Fernando Capovilla from Brazil has been working with Stefan
    behind the scenes, and Stefan developed a way to write spoken Portuguese
    with the feedback of Fernando's team in Brazil - it is just so amazing to
    watch all these brilliant people work together -

    So thank you, Stefan, for writing my birthday wishes, and my name, in
    Mundbildschrift (SpeechWriting)... I will treasure the card always ;-)

    ---------