LESSON: Learn to Read SignWriting

Rebecca L. Moreton moretona at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Feb 22 21:03:27 UTC 2011

Yes, Val, keep it up! Everybody has to learn the symbols and parts of
symbols, so as to know what gestures are being written. This ought to
work for everybody; it is a little like
learning a very large alphabet, or like learning the various parts of
Chinese characters. Now maybe I can learn ASL through learning the
significance of many symbols; I will
learn the word-order of ASL sentences by observing the order of the
symbols. Great!

Becky Moreton