AW: AW: SignPuddle 1.5

Wed Jan 12 00:06:22 UTC 2011

Just curios – who are your Ethiopian students?

Stefan ;-)

  _____

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Charles Butler
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011 00:21
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: Re: AW: SignPuddle 1.5

I am confused about the slashed hands in the lessons in Sign Writing. I have
been teaching handwriting, and the handwriting symbols have not usually been
taught with lines across them except as a shorthand for hands horizontal
rather than vertical.  Having a hand with a slash does not appear in the
current SignPuddle and so my Ethiopian students are likely to be confused.
I use arrows to show directions where there are not other than the four
points of the compass.  The 45 degree plane is not very well defined on
handshapes, so this has really confused me.

Sign shown:

   /\

  /  \

  _____