news from Poland

Yuri Barreto nempretonembranco at YAHOO.COM.BR
Mon Jan 17 22:42:35 UTC 2011

If necessary, I learn the basics of Polish, hehehe ...

The language is no barrier! (Yes, the Internet makes things easier!)

--- Em seg, 17/1/11, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM> escreveu:

De: Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM>
Assunto: Re: news from Poland
Para: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Data: Segunda-feira, 17 de Janeiro de 2011, 18:06

Hoi,
The point is not the quality of the translation. The point is that such literature exists and that people can read the machine translation to get the gist. As there are plenty people who are not aware of the efficacy of SignWriting, it helps when people learn about the existence.

When they truly find that the translation is not good enough, I am sure that they can find a proper translator. When they cannot, I am sure that they can be helped <grin>
Thanks,
      Gerard

On 17 January 2011 20:20, Bill Reese <wreese01 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

    Gerard,

    I've used Google Translate for different languages, with mixed
    results.  Those speaking Portuguese have told me that it does an
    excellent job with their language while those speaking German say
    it's not very good with theirs.

    Bill