How to Copy Signs from SignPuddle to your computer

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Thu Jan 20 20:02:25 UTC 2011

To add a bit to what Steve was saying, Windows Clipboard - where text
and images are temporarily stored when you copy and paste - converts
images to it's own supported formats.  These formats need to be 32-bit
per pixel in order to support transparency's alpha channel.  However, on
most systems you only get a 24-bit per pixel bitmap, which strips the
transparency bits.  That means when you paste it, you'll get a
background color instead of transparency.  And even if your system
copies in a 32-bit per pixel format, the application you're pasting into
may not accept the alpha channel and will show the background as a color.

As Steve suggests, saving the image to file will preserve it's format.

Bill