AW: AW: SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

Tue Jan 11 23:07:21 UTC 2011

Hi Val,

thanks for your answer. Have to smile about your strict rule "... and must
be written as a unit" ...
So if for any purpose I would prefer the two lines one by one you are in
doubt that you would not know which is to be interpreted as shoulder and
which is supposed to be the hip? - ha - I bet you would understand -
definitely!!!!

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011 23:00
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: Re: AW: SW E-Lesson 0097: Neck and Shoulders

SignWriting List
January 11, 2011

Hello Stefan and everyone...
Thank you for this response. It is always great to get your feedback...which
is excellent...

Actually in this case, I feel it would be impossible to have that mean a Hip
Line, since the rule is, if you want a sign to be close to the Hip Line you
must have two lines...one for the Shoulder and one for the Hip, and the two
lines for the Shoulder and Hip are close together, and must be written as a
unit. Hip and Shoulder Line are one symbol in the ISWA, with a smaller space
for the Torso than you see in the compound sign below...