QUESTION: Using SignPuddle...which web browser?

Thu Jan 27 15:33:37 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
January 27, 2011

Dear List Members:

I received this question today:

QUESTION:

> I need to change some arrows, but I can't see the sign.  Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm in Mac in Safari not in Internet Explorer.
>
> I can bring up any sign, but I can't edit the actual sign, just add more information in words.  I need to be able to actually edit the sign.
>
> When I start it over in the same square, it overprints what is there because I can't see the original to fix it.

ANSWER:

1. To change a sign, you must login first.

2. Once you are logged in, if you are an editor, or if you are changing your own signs that you have written yourself, then you will see these buttons. See attached. Click on the Write Sign button to re-write a sign. Press the Refresh or Reload button at the top of your browser, if you are having problems seeing your changes: