Editing SignWriting Documents Around the World

Fri Jan 28 14:46:45 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
January 28, 2011

Good morning Fernando and Everyone!

Thank you for giving me permission to edit some of the signs in your BEAUTIFUL books, the Novo Deit-Libras. They are lovely books, which I treasure:

Novo Diet-Libras
http://www.signwriting.org/brazil/NovoDeitLibras.html

OF COURSE I am planning now to show examples - lots and lots of examples - of how to apply the 7 SignSpelling Guidelines to the editing of signs....There will be many messages now, where I will show signs that need to apply one or more of the SignSpelling Guidelines and I will explain why and how.

And I DID say that at the end of the message below as you can see here, but I guess it wasn't clear enough...I am planning to show examples...

Val wrote at the bottom of the message below:

>> In tomorrow's lesson in this thread, I will start posting signs that need editing.
>>
>> I will show you how I apply the 7 SignSpelling Guidelines...
>>
>> I will also create a web page documenting this process.
>>
>> Thank you for editing with me!

So examples are coming today and ongoing for many days and weeks ... I will start with examples from Novo-Diet-Libras - thank you again for your beautiful books and permission to edit signs. I will also be editing signs from another project that has requested my help from Arizona -

I am working on the examples right now - I hope to post shortly with examples -

Val ;-)