CZECH SIGN LANGUAGE Video Editing Request

Mon Jul 25 02:33:17 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
July 24, 2011

Hello Honza and Adam -
Thanks to you both for your writing of this video, in SignWriting:

Czech Sign Language video, MP4 format
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11142797/D_vyplnovani.m4v

I have placed your two SignWritten versions side by side in the attached diagram. It is fun to look at the differences:

Honza -

You asked about the first, third and fifth signs...

FIRST SIGN: In your writing, it is a Touch-Touch. Adam saw it as a Rub. When I looked at the video I saw a BRUSH.

SECOND SIGN: Your two signs are very similarly written. Adam wrote the second hand position, which is a little safer. Most people will read it well if they see the second hand position. So I would suggest writing the second position. The Finger Movement symbol is fine if there is a position it relates to...

THIRD SIGN: I confess the third sign was very fast and a little hard for me to see, but I can see you both wrote trilled alternating fingers and it seems to be a trill and the only question is what direction is the hand going... I guess I would have written it going down, but if you know the language, Honza, and it feels like forward to you then of course write it forward. Perhaps it is both forward and down in a diagonal?

FIFTH SIGN: I would write it like Adam wrote it. Do you have a specific question about this sign?

Did you know that you can embed the video in SignPuddle? SignPuddle 1.6 has a new area for placing the embed code for videos so they show up in SignPuddle. Would you like to place your video in SignPuddle?

Thank you for sharing with us, Honza - write to the List to ask more questions -

Val ;-)

SignWriting List
July 24, 2011