SignPuddle Translation option

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 30 20:47:50 UTC 2011

Sign Puddle Translation.  I have found blanks as in blank squares where there is no entry, prompting me to go back and add that sign into the dictionary so that I have it available the next time. I once had a sentence where almost everything was blank.  In the old "signtype" program if there were no entry, it would automatically go into fingerspelling the entry (if it were in ASL, the fingerspelling would be the English fingerspelling alphabet).  Now that alphabet entry is no longer available unless you hit the letters as separate words.

We are running up against the limits of translation software, it can't translate what it doesn't have in the dictionary.

Charles Butler

________________________________
From: Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:38 AM
Subject: SignPuddle  Translation option

Hi Valerie and Steve,

just a question.

I want to translate with the translation option. I
type the words that should be translated. Now my problem.

In the SignPuddle version before I found an empty box
with the word – but no sign  if  the translation could not be performed because
of a missing entry. This way I could see immediately which entries had to be
added.
Now there is no hint – the missing translations
to not show up in any way. Can you change that? I would love to see some kind
of feedback that a given entry/word could not be found in the dictionary.

Would be great.

All the best Stefan