flipping and moving - what symbol

Valerie Sutton sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Mon Nov 14 18:37:33 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
November 14, 2011

Hello Ingvild and everyone -

Thanks for this question...

What you have written below tells me the following:

1. the two hands start contacting each other, with the index finger on a fist, palms parallel and facing the floor
2. then the two hands move to the side, the right to the right side and the left to the left side
3. at the end of the movement side, the handshapes have become flat hands parallel to the floor with the palms up, and the thumbs are out to the side

if I have read this correctly, then I don't think any other symbol is necessary -

You could write a Rotation Symbol, but Rotation Symbols do not travel to the side - they stay in one place - there are Rotation arrows combined with straight arrows in the ISWA 2010, but they are advanced symbols and I don't think any Rotation Symbol is necessary if I read it correctly aboveā€¦

Val ;-)


On Nov 14, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Ingvild Roald wrote:

> The hands move posistion as the flip - what would be the right sybol?
> Ingvild 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/sw-l/attachments/20111114/e89076f0/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: lik-ning.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 10578 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/sw-l/attachments/20111114/e89076f0/attachment.jpe>

More information about the Sw-l mailing list