1 - News handshapes in Brazilian Sign Language (LSB/Libras)

Madson Barreto barretobh at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 24 22:25:02 UTC 2011

Hello Valerie
and everyone,

Thank you
for answers and comments on my posts.
Charles and
Valerie, we already know the lessons of SignWriting translated by Marianne Stumpf,
she was my teacher at the College of Letras
Libras.

By the way,
this semester our Group for the Study of SignWriting is not coming together because
several components were doing the compulsory training of faculty, including me.
But my wife, myself and a friend deaf always talked about the SignWriting.

I am
forwarding the email on the handshapes of Libras to make it easier to analyze
eachone.

- The
picture "1" is the union of 01-01-007 (ISWA code) and 01-06-019.
 Valerie,
Charles and Stefan, thank your comments. Valerie, you said there is another way
of writing this handshape. What is it?

Madson Barreto