SAUDI ARABIA ... Arabic translation of Lessons in SignWriting Textbook

fnota alshehri fnota1987 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 29 12:41:11 UTC 2011

Thank you for having me in your list
I'm Mrs. Afnan M. Alshehri
I've worked as volinterd intepreter for year and a half in a Cultural Center for the Deaf in Riyadh
I have a bacholer degree in deaf education and I'm master student now in King Saud Universty
and I hope I can be part of SignWriting because I've always believed that we should respect the Deaf culture
and SignWriting is a way to respect Sign Language

My Best Regards
Afnan

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:43:29 -0700
From: nempretonembranco at YAHOO.COM.BR
Subject: Re: SAUDI ARABIA ... Arabic translation of Lessons in SignWriting Textbook
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Fantastic!

De: Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
Para: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Data: Sexta-feira, 28 de Outubro de 2011, 13:04

SignWriting List
October 28, 2011

Hello SignWriting List members....

Great news!

The Lessons in SignWriting Textbook has been translated into the Arabic spoken language as a gift to the world, by Mrs. Afnan M.  Alshehri from Saudi Arabia...

WELCOME, Mrs. Alshehri, to the SignWriting List ;-)

As stated below in some of our messages, we have been given permission to post the translated book.

I feel soooo honored and happy and also grateful to you, Mrs. Alshehri, for taking this big job on your shoulders. I am now preparing the document for posting on our SignWriting web site, and I will announce the link for download here on the SignWriting List, I hope in the next 24 hours.

Please feel free to introduce yourself here on the SignWriting List. I understand that you plan to work towards your Masters Degree? I am very interested in your work and hope you can tell us what you plan to research...

Thank you again and you will hear from me soon here on the List, when your work is posted -

Val ;-)