Stefan's DelegsPage

Wed Oct 5 18:03:36 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
October 5, 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Bill Reese wrote:

> That website is really nice, Stefan.  Very smooth, easy to read - the video comes through very good.   And the Signwriting editor is cool:
> http://wpspc20.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/SignWritingEditor
>
> Needs a word for "war prisoner": Kriegsgefangener
> and "commander": Kommandant
>
> Bill

----------------

Hi Bill...
Thanks for mentioning the SignWriting Editor software that is being developed by Stefan's team at the University of Hamburg.

I clicked on the link you provided above but it did not work for me, so I went to their site and found this link:

http://wpspc20.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/SignWritingEditor3/
.
The number 3 was needed at the end of the link.. or perhaps you were on another page? Because I did not see the word "war prisoner" so I am not sure where you were...smile...

But you are right - this is a cool new program that will be very useful for Stefan and all teachers who use SignWriting - I started to play with it, and just typed some English words and found the signs from ASL in the database...smile...that was a welcome surprise...

Here is a screen capture of my attempt to write "Hello Stefan, I....." - see attached screen capture - very easy to use software...

I understand that some of the team members who are developing this software are on the SignWriting List? Welcome to you all, and a big THANK YOU!

 Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu