Please help us test SignWriter Studio Beta 5!!

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Thu Oct 13 15:09:26 UTC 2011

Hi Charles,
     I just tried out SignWriter DOS to see exactly what you are talking
about.   I see you can type right over a sign if you want to, below,
above and if you type a long sentence the other signs move over.  Is it
important for you that the be place on top of the signs too?  Or is it
more important for you to be able to write some text, then some signs,
then some text, etc?
     Had I realized that so many just LOVE the old SignWriter Dos I may
have gotten permission to duplicate it very faithfully.  With SignWriter
Studio some things may be similar but none are identical.  Right now I
am trying to get the three main parts of the program working, the
dictionary ( I will soon have a preview version available), the signlist
(for printing lists of signs from the dictionary) and the document.
Once I get everything working again after changing to ISWA 2010 and a
new database, I am interested in implement a keyboard like SignWriter
DOS.  But first things first.
     The document isn't functional right now.  Also it only deals with
vertical columns of writing for the time being.  It can have text above
the sign up to the width of the sign, then it wraps onto more lines.  At
present there isn't any way of writing just text without a sign but it
shouldn't be too hard to implement.   The editing of the signs is done
in a popup box instead of directly in the document like SignWriter DOS.
A lot of thought has been put into it to use the keyboard but it may
need a few more adjustments yet.

Thank you for sharing this important feature with me and list.

Jonathan

On 10/10/2011 9:48 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
> Jonathan, What I really want is SignWriter DOS on a modern system.
>
> In that program you could interleave written alphabets and sign
> writing. Clunky, but effective.
>
> You could clip signs from a narrative and put them somewhere else.
>
> It was a true typing system for signing so that you could assemble a
> sign by typing on a keyboard not a mouse. Yes, I know that the current
> encoding of the ISWA is dependent upon a linking of graphemes and
> coding equivalents.
>
> None of the Studios or other efforts have gone back to actual
> interleaved Spoken Language and Signed Language.  I can clip a sign
> and put it in here
> , in TEXT, when does THAT come back in a program. I feel like we are
> continuing to take a great leap backward. Until one can type or easily
> assemble, one can't' send email that is in sign language with a spoken
> language. IF Chinese can do it, I am disappointed in every Sign
> Writing compiler on the market that can't interleave.
>
> Charles Butler
>
> This is an email program and I can do that, but the SW studio and all
> other programs do not do that.
>

> Charles Butler
> chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
> 240-764-5748
> Clear writing moves business forward.
>

>     *
>
>     *  \_|/\__/    |   |_/\_/|_/|_/|    |_/\_/|_/   |   |_/   (/\___/   \_/|_/   |   |_/\___/\_/|_/   |   |_/*
>
>     *   /|                                                                                           *
>
>     *   \|                                                                                         *
>
>     email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca
>     </mc/compose?to=duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
>     joyoduncan at gmail.com </mc/compose?to=joyoduncan at gmail.com>
>     Cel: 9983-1204
>     Tel: 2213-5285
>     Skype: yojoduncan
>
>     SignWriter Studio <http://www.signwriterstudio.com/>
>     *
>     **

*  *

*                             _                        ____                                      *

*  /\                         | |                      (|    \                                     *

*|   |   __    _   _     __, _|_ | |      __,    _   _        |     |         _   _     __    __,    _   _&nb
sp;*

*|   | /   \_/ |/ |   /   |   |   |/ \    /   |   / |/ |      _|     ||    |   / |/ |   /     /   |   / |/ |   *

*

*  \_|/\__/    |   |_/\_/|_/|_/|    |_/\_/|_/   |   |_/   (/\___/   \_/|_/   |   |_/\___/\_/|_/   |   |_/*

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>
Cel: 9983-1204
Tel: 2213-5285