SignWriter Studio Beta 5.2!!

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Tue Oct 18 16:14:52 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan and everyone,

    In SignWriter Studio, I clicked on "Open SignWriter file" from the menu select.  There are DN4 and Sample SWS.  I chose the file "Sample SWS".  I read "There are currently no entries in this file. To continue, choose an option from the module menu".  I clicked on OK.  There are dictionary, document and signlists from the module menu.  I chose a dictionary.  I read "Unhanded exception has occured in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately".  I clicked Continue.  In SignWriter Studio Dictionary,  I cannot see a sign image or symbols.  I tried to click double on signwriting (I couldn't find it), I did not get the SignWriter Studio Editor.

    Best regards,

    André
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jonathan
  To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
  Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 8:01 PM
  Subject: SignWriter Studio Beta 5.2!!

  Hi All,
      Thanks to all of you who tried to install SignWriter Studio Beta 5, and special thanks to Bill Reese who went through it systematically and let me know what failed on his computer.  We had one major bug that was a show stopper for most of you.  It no longer happens on my test computer and I expect the same for you, if not please let me know.

  If you haven't installed .Net Framework 4.0 on your computer, you will be prompted to install it.  It is a free download and install but may take a few minutes, especially on slower connections.

  In SignWriter Studio
  The signlist and document options are disabled, more work needs to be done on these.

  The dictionary is functional.  A sample one comes with the download.  >From the menu select "Open SignWriter Studio File". Look in the folder you installed the software.  Choose the file Sample.SWS.   Then you shouldn't have any problems trying out the dictionary.  If you double click on a sign writing you will get the SignWriter Editor.

  Please let me know any errors you may get, ideas or other feedback.

  http://www.signwriterstudio.com/download/SignWriter%20Studio%20Beta%200.0.5.2.exe

           joyoduncan at gmail.com
  Cel: 9983-1204
  Tel: 2213-5285