local swis2+svg image error

Alan Post alanpost at SUNFLOWERRIVER.ORG
Tue Sep 6 13:25:54 UTC 2011

This was a bit of a fun adventure for me.  I have a 2gb partition
reserved for my webserver.  I formatted this partition with the
default settings, which assumes 8k files.  SWIS2 has so many small
files that when I went to unzip the svg2 font I ran out of inodes
in my filesystem.  I had plenty of disk space, but couldn't create
new files.  :-(

This is only a problem I've encountered on OpenBSD with small (e.g.,
2GB) filesystems.  I backed up the files on this partition,
reformatted with a smaller default file size (1k) and restored from
backup.

With all that done, I now have a working local copy of SWIS2
generating .svg files.  *phew*

Thank you!

-Alan

--