comparing the two rules...

Mon Sep 12 20:33:32 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
September 12, 2011

See my answer at the bottom...

On Sep 12, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> Hi Adam,
> attached my way to write „clown“   - left option with contact, right option without contact
>
> The more I think about it the more I like the idea about a table that shows all the symbols that may cause irritation...
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan and Adam and Charles and everyone -

Thank you for this great conversation -

This is so easy now to see the difference. It is very minor really. The only difference in writing is that your sign for CLOWN places the hand symbol that represents the right hand, on the left side of the body. The Thumb rule requires that I assume...

I guess if we are going to give this a name, the "DAC-Sutton" rule, or the "Majority of Action Fingers" rule, places the right hand symbol on the right side of the body. This is because the writing was based on the original stick figure, which means that the right hand is on the right side, because it was originally attached to the right arm line of the stick figure. The fingers are directed in the direction of "the majority of Action Fingers", which includes the Index Finger, the Middle Finger and the Thumb.... so it would look exactly like your writing but the hand would be on the right side of the nose -