right and left hands are scattered throughout the Symbol Palettes

Sat Sep 17 00:10:22 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
September 16, 2011

On Sep 13, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> I think it is not that much of importance for this discussion how far the hand is pointing to the right  (20°  or 45° -- the r i g h t  hand  would show the thumb on the right side -- ;-)))  In this case Valerie there is no extra rule necessary – what do you think?
> In order to show the hand orientation in your writing Bill – which is perfect from my point of view (showing the   r i g h t   three fingers claw hand to the left – as if holding a red nose of the clown)

Yes, I think this is perfect, Stefan - I love your photos, and look how the symbol for the right hand in this case, is found quite low on the Symbol Palette...see attached diagram... below your photo in the diagram is the Symbol Palette... No rules are necessary ... I agree...