SignWriter Studio Beta 5!!

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Thu Sep 29 18:17:27 UTC 2011

Hi All,
     SignWriter Studio has had a lot of work been done on it's database
and other base code over the past year.  It is now using ISWA 2010, new
database format, it also now runs on .Net 4.0.  The foundations have
been laid to import and export Unicode SPML files.
So because of these changes, we haven't had a version people can play
around with and give us feed back.  Well, until now.
http://www.signwriterstudio.com/download/SignWriter%20Studio%20Beta%200.0.5.0.exe

If you don't have .Net Framework 4.0 installed on your computer, you
will be prompted to install it.  It is a free download and install but
may take a few minutes, especially on slower connections.

In SignWriter Studio
The signlist options is disabled, more work needs to be done on this.

The dictionary is functional.  One known bug is that it will give an
error if you haven't chosen a valid dictionary file first.  A sample one
comes with the download.  From the menu select "Open SignWriter Studio
File". Look in the folder you installed the software.  Choose the file
Sample.SWS.   Then you shouldn't have any problems trying out the
dictionary.  If you double click on a sign writting you will get the
SignWriter Editor.

Also on at least one computer, even after following the previous, I get
a error cannot open database.  I am still looking into it.

The documents, are semi functional.  I left it enabled for your
viewing.  We will need some more work done on this too in future versions.

Please let me know any errors you may get, ideas or other feedback.
--

*  *

*                             _                        ____                                      *

*  /\                         | |                      (|    \                                     *

*|   |   __    _   _     __, _|_ | |      __,    _   _        |     |         _   _     __    __,    _   _&nb
sp;*

*|   | /   \_/ |/ |   /   |   |   |/ \    /   |   / |/ |      _|     ||    |   / |/ |   /     /   |   / |/ |   *

*

*  \_|/\__/    |   |_/\_/|_/|_/|    |_/\_/|_/   |   |_/   (/\___/   \_/|_/   |   |_/\___/\_/|_/   |   |_/*

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>
Cel: 9983-1204
Tel: 2213-5285