Stable software into the future ....

Thu Sep 15 16:06:27 UTC 2011

SignWriting List
September 15, 2011

Hello Alan, Steve, Ingvild, Stefan, Charles, Adam, Bill and everyone -

Thank you, Alan, for your beautiful description of your need for stable software, and thanks to Steve, and his huge efforts, we can gladly say that YES...the software is stablized. Of course there are always little tweaks that can be done, and new features can always be added upon the central core of his code, but Steve has now provided us with stability. THANK YOU, Steve, for your planning and making this possible.

And the ISWA 2010, with all its flexibility and large number of symbols, gives us a tool to be able to write in whatever style of SignWriting we choose. Within the ISWA 2010, using the symbols there, people can build new symbols if they need to, without disturbing the older symbols that other people use daily. So there is stability from the symbol core as well. The ISWA 2010 is a tool to build sign language documents and dictionaries for the future.

As an example, Stefan, and his marvelous team in Germany, has already written 15,581 entries in the SignPuddle DGS Dictionary - An amazing and impressive amount of signs, all using the ISWA 2010, as do all the dictionaries and documents in SignPuddle.

Jonathan Duncan, in Honduras, is another programmer who is using the ISWA 2010 for his new software, SignWriter Studio, which is close to Beta testing. SignWriter Studio will also coordinate with SignPuddle, which will be very useful.

If there are any older documents, Ingvild, that you would like to have copied from old software or old print-outs, into SignPuddle 1.6 online, we can do that copy work for you. Tell me if you need that service...it is free to anyone with old documents that need to be copied into SignPuddle...Just contact me and send me your old documents, whether they are in SignWriter DOS or are pdf documents or whatever - we will copy the signs in one at a time without changing anything - you can then go in and edit them later.

I will answer everyone's other messages as soon as I can - I  look forward to it, believe me...it will be fun!

Have a wonderful day everyone -

Val ;-)

---------