can SignPuddle render a glyph with the hand1 font?

Tue Sep 20 20:16:29 UTC 2011

Hi Alan,

On 9/20/11 5:30 AM, Alan Post wrote:
> Will you show me how to see hand-shapes
> for glyphs using SWIS2 and the hand1 font?
That doesn't work right now.  Only PNG, SVG, and ASCII are currently
implemented.

I did play around with the idea of expanding the hand photos into a
usable font.  I have all of the scripts ready to rotate and mirror the
photo images, but for some reason my Ubuntu server could only process a
couple of hand shapes before a hard crash would shut down the computer.
I couldn't determine the reason why this was happening and I couldn't
come up with a work around, so I dropped the idea.  I may revisit this
idea in the future when I rebuild my Ubuntu server.

For now, the hand1 font is only for reference, as used in the ISWA 2010
HTML Reference:
http://www.signbank.org/iswa

Regards,
-Steve