Making "bold" fingers

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 2 20:32:20 UTC 2012

I think you may be stuck with your "F" sign which is a "K" sign in ASL without a BOLD for a while. If it were the Brazilian "F" (check the Brazilian sign puddle), the thumb and index can each be bolded, else you have to construct the sign for clarity. Is there another sign with the thumb, forefinger, and middle finger with the thumb underneath the index? If not, then you may have to live with it for a while. No need to bold the thumb unless this isn't enough.  = this has the thumb under the middle finger.
 = this has the thumb on top of the middle finger.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
From: Eduardo Trápani <etrapani at GMAIL.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 4:11 PM
Subject: Making "bold" fingers

Hi again,

I wrote the sign for "F"[1] but it *seems* the thumb should be "bold".
Should it?  And for the "T" the index should be bold.  I don't know how
to get those in SignPuddle.  I have attached the drawing for both
handshapes.

Eduardo.

[1] http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.6/searchword.php?ui=5&sgn=143&sid=9