Handshape 09-030 - Doubt in laterality

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 18 14:18:52 UTC 2012

They are correct as followed by Val and other DAC writers. Here is the link to the animated gif I made of this handshape. http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/iswa/group09/01-09-030-01.html

There is no real "right" and "left". This handshape follows a group of handshapes that don't "rotate" like the others because there is some counter to the "signs point to the center" and/or "finger direction is important" concepts. For these handshapes, the writer choses the handshape orientation that fits best with the target sign.

If you have a sign that you are trying to write with this handshape, we can talk about it here and it will help you understand how this handshape works better.

Adam