Greetings from Egypt!

Thu Apr 19 03:32:30 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
April 18, 2012

Hello Ryan!
Thank you for your correspondence today, and for adding signs to the Egyptian SignPuddle Dictionary, which has been close to empty for several years, waiting for someone to take interest in writing Egyptian Sign Language…

Egyptian SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=84

So it was only natural for me, when I saw your message and some of the signs you have written in SignPuddle, that I danced around my office - because I did! Good news is a good reason to dance…smile...

We will benefit from learning about Arabic, linguistics, Egypt and Egyptian Sign Language, so feel free to inform us… It sounds like you are doing interesting research and we look forward to learning more about it -

Have you read some of Dr. Mohamed AbuShaira's research on SignWriting in Deaf Education in Jordan and Saudi Arabia? It is in Arabic...

http://www.signwriting.org/arabia/

Have you seen the Saudi Arabian SignPuddle in Arabic?

Saudi Arabian SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=91

Several countries will benefit from an Arabic User Interface in SignPuddle, so thank you for offering to help with that -

Val ;-)

---------

------

sutton at signwriting.org