AW: Facial expressions

Wed Dec 5 16:10:22 UTC 2012

Hi Honza and friends,

I agree – often – and most of the time it is not necessary and not a good
idea to write all the Mundbilder every time you use the sign... On the other
hand if a signer shows the whole performance as if speaking this given word
without sound it would not hurt...to accept this finding as an important
information as part of the sign.

You know that my first and major focus is to teach deaf students to improve
spoken language skills. With our ne delegs-software it becomes so easy to
write wonderful teaching materials in a reasonable time. Thanks to our
creative and competent software-team we can edit now every sign in a
document and write as many Mundbilder as we want to or to delete all of them
– smile. In the long run the delegs-Programm will include a Sign Editor that
allows to spell your own signs/entries just the way you would prefer them to
be used in your document.

So the whole story about Mundbilder is to allow the reader to read a
document fluently without too much guessing about the given signs. Depending
on their literacy and grammar skills my students ask for more or less
support – (= for more or less Mundbilder)

Hope this helps...

Stefan

  _____