Initial draft of the Modern SignWriting specification

Wed Feb 22 17:30:11 UTC 2012

Hi SignWriting List,

Today, I completed the initial draft of the Modern SignWriting
specification.  The document contains technical details and applications
for the international SignPuddle data set.

Table of Contents
===========
1. Stability
2. Historical Foundation
3. International Corpus
4. Mathematical Model
5. Symbol Set
6. Symbol Encoding
7. Script Layout
8. Text Encoding
9. Regular Searching Form
10. Variant Display Forms
11. Sorting Terminology
12. Spelling Normalization

Project Page: https://github.com/Slevinski/msw
Direct PDF link: https://github.com/Slevinski/msw/raw/master/MSW.pdf

Today, I also released an alpha version of the SignWriting Image Server
v3.  It has been updated to be consistent with the MSW document and it
covers all of the various sections of MSW with working and tested
functions.  I have a bit more work before it is production ready, but
I'm very pleased with what I have so far.

Project Page: https://github.com/Slevinski/swis

Regards,
-Steve

PS - Happy Birthday Val!!!