Who we are?/ How many?

Honza honza at RUCE.CZ
Fri Feb 24 09:34:44 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

Val, sorry for difficult situation in your family. I hope thinks goes
better soon.

Anyway it is every time interesting question in how many countries is SW
used.
I also have problems to answer this question to people who ask this.
Few years ago I asked on the list for schools where SW is used, but I did
not get many responses. Therefor it is good idea to create new webpage with
countries, theirs projects etc. so everyone can see where an how is SW used
in the world.

I think, here in the Czech Republic is SW well known (many people knows
that SW exists) at least by SL interpreters and people who study deaf
studies university in Prague or Brno and most of deaf students studying in
Brno).
Now we are working on writing children story to SW (story is written by
deaf authors) and I hope we manage to print the book this year. We also use
SW in university dictionary and I like to teach SW to deaf and hearing
students next term.

Honza Fikejs, CZ