New Facebook Group: SignWriting - Brasil

Fri Jan 20 16:51:45 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
January 20, 2012

Hi Yuri!
I think it is wonderful. Thank you for starting this Facebook group. And also I want to tell you that there are other SignWriting groups on Facebook started by others in French and English - so maybe you can inter-link or coordinate with those other groups if you want?

I just posted one piece of information about two handshapes, but because I do not know LIBRAS I will not post again unless you ask me specifically to post an answer to a question because I can see there are others on the SignWriitng-Brasil group that know what they use to write in LIBRAS…so they are communicating among themselves -

Here is the post I just posted on the SignWriting-Brasil Facebook group, for our SW List members'  general information:

Val posted:

Sim. Quando o ouro é mais grossa, significa que o polegar está na parte externa do dedo indicador, e pode ser visto melhor. A linha ouro é mais fino quando o polegar está escondido no interior do dedo indicador. Veja o diagrama:

Yes. When the thumb is thicker, it means that the thumb is on the outside of the Index Finger, and can be seen better. The thumb line is thinner when the thumb is hiding on the inside of the Index Finger. See diagram: