Vertical or Horizontal?

Claudia S. Bianchini chiadu14 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 2 09:32:09 UTC 2012

Hello Maria

- SW in Italian Sign Language (LIS)
- Vertical (at first, we tried horizontal writing, but deaf users decide
that vertical is better to mantain deictic and anaphoric links between
signs; now we only use vertical)

If I remember well, also SW in French Sign Language (LSF) is vertical
(PS: in Toulouse - France - a group of deaf person are developping thein
own way to write LSF... even if they have never worked with SW, they decide
to write down their system verticaly... on my point of view, this is quite
interesting :-) )

--
Claudia S. Bianchini
PhD Student @ Univ. Paris8 + CNRS-UMR7023-SFL