how to print documents horizontal writing

Sat Jun 9 13:51:29 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
June 9, 2012

Hello Stefan!
Nice to hear from you.

I believe you must chosen the SVG Refinement formatting for the document? SVG is unique! It is not like other graphics formats, such as .PNG or .JPG.

Yesterday I discussed this issue with Steve. Right now there are really only two alternatives.

To get each line of horizontal SignWriting, or each vertical column of SignWriting (doesn't matter the direction) into MicroSoft Word, using the SVG Refinement format, do the following:

METHOD 1

1. Create the SVG document in CloumnMaker.
2. Right-click and choose to Print Frame.
3. Create a PDF of the frame, instead of printing.
4. In Microsoft Word, choose the Insert a Picture from a File. Insert the PDF document as if it were a graphics file.

METHOD 2

1. Create the SVG document in CloumnMaker.
2. Take a screen capture of the SignWriting.
3. The screen capture creates a PNG or JPG for you.
4. In Microsoft Word, choose the Insert a Picture from a File.

Both methods work for me -

Try inserting a PDF as a graphics file in Microsoft Word -

Val ;-)

--------