AW: Vertical or Horizontal?

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 3 12:30:26 UTC 2012

Hi friends of SW,

well with the good old DOS program we could write vertical thanks to the
Column-Maker – but it has been a little bit tricky and obviously there are
not that many experts who can work with the Dos-Program and SignWriter
Python and Dos-Box ...

So usually documents at that time had been written horizontal.

Thanks to the new Program DELEGS we are on the way to produce wonderful
bilingual documents – right now writing horizontal for the reason to match
spoken language with signed German – later to type translation of DGS ...
In the future the DELEGS-Editor will allow to decide between horizontal or
vertical writing.

>From my point of view it is no problem to switch between reading horizontal
or vertical ..---  in order to support deaf students to improve literacy of
spoken language – there is no better way than to write the horizontal way.
To write all these Mundbilder vertical would look weird ... ;-))

Most of my documents are signed German and even DGS document are easy read
if written horizontal as we do almost ever – except for SignPuddle –emails

The coming week Erika will visit our class and we will discuss this as well
– big smile.

All the best

Stefan

  _____