Looking for other teachers who teach bilingual documents to Deaf students

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Mar 22 13:09:07 UTC 2012

Difference between symbolsHi Charles and everyone,

    Charles, thank you for giving me two names.

    I think that Prof. Fernando Capovilla is a researcher (not a teacher).  I mean that a teacher teaches a SW and a written spoken to Deaf kids in the classroom (or at the school for the Deaf)" everyday".  For example, Stefan Woehrmann is a teacher and teaches a SW and a written spoken to Deaf kids in the classroom everyday.

    Best regards,

    André
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Butler
  To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:09 AM
  Subject: Re: Looking for other teachers who teach bilingual documents to Deaf students

  The only teachers I know of are in Brazil. There they are using Brazilian sign language and spoken language every day to improve literacy skills in both languages.

  Give them the name of Prof. Fernando Capovilla at the University of Sao Paulo.

  Also Prof. Marianne Stumpf at the University of Florianapolis Santa Catarina (UFSC)

  Charles Butler
  chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
  240-764-5748
  Clear writing moves business forward.