Movement of the wrist

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 8 10:47:07 UTC 2012

The placement of the line representing the rotation axis (the wrist itself) would then be far away from the actual location of the axis (wrist). This implies that the rules have been changed since we discussed them and created these symbols years ago, during one of my first visits to you. - The rules presented in the lessons may be better than the ones I have followed, as tehy give more consisrency to the reading/ writing. The little line would just seem as one (of very few) arbitrary symbols in the system.

Ingvild

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:39:53 -0800
From: sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Subject: Re: Movement of the wrist
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListMarch 7, 2012
Hello Madson and everyone -Thanks for all the messages related to wrist movements -
Madson - Have you read these web pages about two SignSpelling rules? These are old web pages but they hold valuable information. The two SignSpelling Rules influence my writing daily…After reading the rules, you can see that if the Wrist Movement is going up or forward, then the up arrows or forward arrows would be placed above the hand symbol, since the hand symbol in these cases are like the "center of the sign", but if the Wrist Movement is going down or back, then the Wrist Movement Symbol would be placed below the hand symbol - this is a general rule for movement arrow placement, in relationship to hand symbols. Of course there are exceptions - sometimes the face can be in the way and we have to move the arrows over to the side of the hand as you have written in your examples, but if possible, the up arrows should be above the hand symbol and also the forward arrows would be above the hand symbol. Take a look:
SignSpelling Rule 1http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less063.html
SignSpelling Rule 2: Every sign has a centerhttp://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less064.html
read all the way to…
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less074.html
More soon -
Val ;-)

On Mar 2, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Madson Barreto wrote:Hello!
These signs are spelled correctly? We are in doubt as to differentiate the movement of the floors plane and the plane wall.

Madson and Raquel Barreto