Looking for other teachers who teach bilingual documents to Deaf students

Wed Mar 21 19:05:33 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
March 21, 2012

Hello Charles and Andre -

Yes. These are good examples, and also, I know of others too…Because some may not want their email address posted publicly on the List, I will contact some of them privately to see, and then get back to you, Andre, with their contact information…

There are, as far as I know, classrooms that use Sign Languages with SignWriting, and spoken languages, in a bi-lingual manner, in several other schools - In the US in the past at the Albuquerque Public Schools in New Mexico (the program has closed, but the teachers may be available for presenting about their past program), and for several years in both French-speaking and Flemish-speaking Belgium and in Brazil there are specific classrooms that I recently learned about…new ones I never heard of before...and of course Stefan Woehrmann in Germany - Stefan's work is so amazing - and I understand that there is a new program starting in Slovenia, and Lucy has been teaching a program in Poland classrooms of Deaf children too - that is an exciting one - and deserves more attention….smile..

So I will get back to you, Andre, with a listing - at least of those I know about - and for all those who are teaching using SignWriting - please speak up and tell us about your projects here on the List - we all need your inspiration and information so we can move forward with our own programs - it is good to know about other projects -

Have a great day - it is springtime here and the flowers are blooming - we need Stefan's camera to capture the beauty of the flowers on film ;-))

Val ;-)

-----