ISWA 2010 font database is ready

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 2 18:10:21 UTC 2012

So with this could we get back to what was possible with the old SignWriter program, able to switch between Roman alphabet sentences and SW signs and back again in the same message, search for a sign, find and replace, and all the other "normal" things for word processing? I'd love to be able to keyboard signs again instead of being dependent upon a mouse-driven program.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
From: Steve Slevinski <slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:48 PM
Subject: ISWA 2010 font database is ready

Greetings list,

I've updated the ISWA 2010 font reference to include the ISWA 2010 font database.
http://signpuddle.net/iswa

I've updated the SignWriting Image Server to be able to use the database font.  Available on GitHub.
https://github.com/Slevinski/SWIS

The font database is an improvement in size and speed.  Instead of tens of thousands of files, multiple fonts can be included in a single file.  The increase in speed is noticeable when comparing the filesystem font to the database font.  Very exciting.

Regards,
-Steve