annotation in receptive rather than expressive view point

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 2 10:36:31 UTC 2012

Ingvild, I understand, what I am talking about is machine translation, and the machine has to be taught to read a video, as is, receptive, and translate that into expressive. The point of machine translation is just that, having a sufficiently large recognition program to translate a third-party into expressive. Humans can internalize and write, a machine has to be taught to do so.

Sometimes watching a video I may get a hand wrong, or a twist in the wrong direction, and if I write down what I see, I can then correct it to the opposite. That's my bias, and my early history with SignWriting, writing whatever I see, whether on my hands or someone else's.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Ingvild Roald <iroald at HOTMAIL.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: annotation in receptive rather than expressive view point

As I see it, the easier way to convert from receptive to expressive for writing, is to view the video and copy the sign you see by doing it yourself. Then you write what you do, the sign as you are making it from viewing the video. That is, do the translation /transistion manually rather than 'in your head'.

All the best,

Ingvild