CALL FOR ASL WRITERS FOR THE ASL WIKIPEDIA

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Sep 20 15:49:23 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
September 20, 2012

CALL FOR ASL WRITERS FOR THE ASL WIKIPEDIA

Want to write an article for the new ASL Wikipedia?

HOW?

1. Go to the English Wikipedia and choose an article you wish to translate into ASL:

English Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org

2. Write your ASL translation of the English article in this SignPuddle:

ASL Encyclopedia Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=21

3. Just translate the first paragraph. You do not have to finish translating the entire article immediately.
(It can be finished later).

4. Write to Adam Frost, ASL Editor, to tell him when you are done with the first paragraph:

Adam Frost
ASL Editor, ASL Wikipedia
frost at signwriting.org

5. Adam will post the first paragraph in the ASL Wikipedia for you, to establish the article's name in the Wikipedia.

6. Then continue translating the article and inform Adam when you want him to post the rest.

7. You are not required to translate the entire English article. They are very long and right now, we need to get more short articles to start the ASL Wikipedia.

Write to us anytime with questions…

We need more articles, so I hope some of you will volunteer!!

signwriting at mac.com
www.signwriting.org

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc