The wow of the Universal SignWriting Plugins

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Tue Apr 16 13:41:56 UTC 2013

On 4/16/13 8:09 AM, Marquita Formosa wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Just wanted to thank you. My thesis supervisor agreed that I can use the plugin
> for my thesis demo. They are actually very easy to use.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Marquita

That's wonderful Marquita. Formal SignWriting is ready to deploy. The
plugins will improve, but the names of the signs will not change.

I'll let you know when future versions of the plugins are available. The
last three pieces include columnation, CSS styling, and editor
integration. Very exciting times.

On 4/16/13 8:19 AM, Marquita Formosa wrote
> For example I have the following:
>
> Sentence: The cat is white.
>
> Video links are the following:
> THE: http://cats.gatech.edu/cats/MySignLink/dictionary/html/pages/the.htm
> CAT: http://cats.gatech.edu/cats/MySignLink/dictionary/html/pages/cat.htm
> IS:http://cats.gatech.edu/cats/MySignLink/dictionary/html/pages/is.htm
> WHITE:
> http://cats.gatech.edu/cats/MySignLink/dictionary/html/pages/white.htm

Is there a reason to use Signed Exact English rather than American Sign
Language?

Regards,
∼Steve