Sign Writer - More signs for writing

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Apr 2 21:10:46 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
April 2, 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 1:47 PM, Marquita Formosa <marquita_formosa at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> My query is using the sign writer studio ... how can I download more signs since
> only the alphabet and the numbers I can use for sign writing.

----------

Hello Marquita Formosa -

Welcome to the SignWriting List!

Thank you for posting your questions here on the SignWriting List. And I am happy to know that you are using SignWriting…I believe you told me for your thesis? What is your thesis about? What sign language are you writing?

SignWriter Studio is a new program, that is just starting. So when you download it, it does not have a large database already installed. So you will either have to write all the signs yourself in SignWriter Studio, or import signs from SignPuddle Online.

So first I need to know what country are you from and what sign language are you writing? Then we can visit SignPuddle Online together to see if your country's sign language has the database you need, and then we can export and import those signs into SignWriter Studio -

Or you can write directly online with SignPuddle too -

So please write again to this List to tell me that you got this message and tell me about your work -

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu

Sutton at SignWriting.org