The wow of the Universal SignWriting Plugins

Eduardo Trápani etrapani at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 9 12:55:20 UTC 2013

> Based on ASCII, SVG, HTML, regular
> expressions, and the document object model: Formal SignWriting is
> forging ahead.
[...]
> The ASCII strings represent the signs.  It is the best option for
> transmitting sign language logograms.

Stephen, do you plan add SW Unicode support to the plugin?  While FSW is
great and convenient (being ASCII, easy to parse and to copy/paste) I
have the feeling that, in the long run, Unicode should become the
prefered textual form.

Parsing could be done based on the lang attribute.  Wow, what a great
idea you had!  The more I think about it, the more I like it.  It opens
up lots of possibilities.  I you need testers or some help from
developers, let us know!

Thanks, Eduardo.