Handshapes used in ASL

maria galea signwriting.maria at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 22 08:28:21 UTC 2013

Interesting study Adam! -this is precisely what I did for maltese sign
language. I also did the frequency counts for the active literature
puddles of other languages to gauge how frequently symbols are used and to
show that the spellings of signs tend to vary at times with little changes
in handshapes (and this may show that the different choices of similar but
not exact handshapes is phonetic not phonological)
Can I ask why you are doing this? Will you be writing something about it -
if so, and if there's time, I will include your work in my work..
Thanks,
maria