AW: Evolution to Simplified SignWriting

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 11 01:31:52 UTC 2013

Hello Eduardo and sw-friends,

I agree with ...

At first glance it might look as if it could be a simplification to not
write the contact symbol.

On the other hand – if you write a sign without the contact star –  you as
the scribe would probably have no problem...

This is not the case for the reader. He will hesitate .. he has do make a
decision – “contact”  vs. “just close together”

Just like Eduarda describes perfectly I would not follow this method. I am
writing Signwriting – documents now for mre than a decade. I would not want
to write a sign without the star if I want to inform the reader that this
sign is performed with contact.

But it is as Valerie points out every two months – feel free to write as you
want and time will teach us ... smile

L.I.F.E.

All best

Stefan