NEW BOOK: American Sign Language Hand Symbols Manual

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Fri Aug 16 21:28:14 UTC 2013

Hello Valerie,

I developped my own version of the official hands configuration used in Quebec sign language, also based on Mr. frost book.
I did it on a paper version only with photocopies.

I found a problem, there are like 30 signs that are identified by researchers in Quebec but that were not in Mr. Frost extensive book.
May I scan those signs, send them to you and get your opinion on what to do with them?

PS: I would like also to share this French Quebec book of mine with other people through a special electronic adaptation of Mr. frost book. To do so I would need the original electronic version (unlocked for modification) and an authorisation to translate and adapt it.

André Lemyre

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:56:09 -0700
From: signwriting at MAC.COM
Subject: NEW BOOK: American Sign Language Hand Symbols Manual
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListAugust 15, 2013
Hello SignWriting List!We have a new book to share with the world.... Adam Frost used SignPuddle Online (www.signpuddle.org) to search to see how many hand symbols were used to write American Sign Language in the ASL Dictionary, ASL Literature and ASL Bible databases, and through that process, 86 hand symbols were chosen. This is out of the 261 hand symbols in the entire International SignWriting Alphabet (ISWA 2010) (http://www.signbank.org/iswa/).
So here is the new book, free for download:

NEW BOOK: American Sign Language Hand Symbols Manual
Available in four formats:PDF, PowerPoint, Keynote and a Printed Book
Go to:http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/
Thank you, Adam! And I hope you all enjoy the new book ;-)
Val ;-)
PS. It is very similar to the International Hand Symbols Manual…just a smaller book…

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu